music

Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Beaver

A dreadful day yesterday we had a standoff about money issues. Eventually, we came to an understanding and things have thanksfully returned to normal domestic bliss. It was the worst day I have had for decades and reminded me of times twenty years plus ago when I was pretty depressed in Sydney and around A level times. Once things were discussed though the black cloud passed quickly.


Strangely enough, I stumbled upon a great movie which I recommend, The Beaver, with Mel Gibson. A worthy movie about a guy suffering from severe depression. It seemed fitting to how I was feeling the day before. I had gone for a ride on my bike wandering around places I had never been to before with this numb feeling until I eventually found my way back home.

I have been doing a lot of private classes which I have really enjoyed. I am a wizz at making plans and worksheets on Publisher. Mother has sent lots of fun games and Happy Families has proved a smash hit.

Gamewise, I have been ploughing through Oblivion, but I have now been distracted by amazing Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Bookwise, I have started on Book 3 of Game of Thrones which still excites, but like many things it is a bit of a never-ending slugfest.

Working much more now means there is less time for idle pursuits.

Tom has made weekly visits and is usually armed with a jar of salsa. I have been making my own, and I made a wicked Gukomole. I downloaded an English show on Mexican cooking made easy and the recipes are amazing and I can get all the ingredients. I love avacardos.

Been listening to the new Morcheeba album and some of Skye Edwards solo stuff, like Love Show. Check it out.

No comments: