music

Monday, January 2, 2012

Illness

I spent the day in bed yesterday. After going on my walk in the morning, I experienced horrible pain in my loins and had to turn around, walking slowing, trying to avoid the odd pang of pain. It felt like I had been kicked in the stomach. This was the reaction to the back painkillers that seem to have enflamed my organs. I dosed up on the latest batch of meds and spent a woozy day in bed. What makes it worse is Grace's contstant crying to be held. I had to resist, much to her dismay.

Today I do feel better but I will only find out when I walk for a prolonged period, and this is nothing to do with the back pain. Oi has given me a massaged every night which seems to be working and I am trying to change old habits that undoubtably contribute to it. Life's a bitch. I remember hearing old folk sday that you have to eventually give up everything you love as time carries on.

I have been devouring fruit by the bucketload. Fortunately, there is a great fruit stall not to far away and I buy oranges and bananas constantly. Oi also has put me on to sugar cane juice which she says is good.

School starts next Monday so I will be back to swimming.

Beer and snacks have to be out.

In my feeble state I took the opportunity to listen to a bunch of Desert Island Discs, great ones being, Donald Sutherland, Bill Nighy, Micheal Caine... Sutherland's story is extraordinary and I could not help feel completely jealous of his fantastic outlook and life that he has led.

No comments: