music

Monday, January 30, 2012

An unexpected day off

Leaving school yesterday, I was informed that there would be no classes tomorrow. Yippee! I rode home smiling and kicked back. So now, today, I am relaxing at home. Though in need of exercise, Oi kindly gave me a massage which is lovely and we played Carcassonne, which was fun.

I watched the last half of Birdsong. Brilliant show. I thought it really captured the slow feel of the book. The war scenes are quite horrific and the illustrate stupidity of war.

In my joy of a holiday I contacted Tom who was eager to get together. We had quite a few cans of Guinness and I played him the Desert Island Discs Charlie Watts interview. We talked about Lee, who apparently is in hospital.

It's funny, because I met Lee at the Smart English new year dinner thingy the other day. His wife Pla now works as an assistant at Smart and Lee came along for free nosh. I kept my distance from him as the last time I saw him he blanked me. But, anyway, later on I spot him talking to Oi. Grace was there too. So I wandered over and he started a chat with me. It was the usual, stifled lines that follow a long falling out (four years). I nodded politely and asked a few "safe" questions. He drifted away when things started to dry up.

Anyway, I don't think about it too much, but it's nice to see the circle coming together again. In my Bhuddist, neutral state, I shall just let Nature take it's course and watch what happens. This encounter, and Patrick drifting cautiously back onto my social calander, has a pleasing tone to it.

We are down to our last beans today. Oi bought some sticky rice and chicken with the last few coins we have left. It's okay, it's payday. So my account will be topped up again momentarily. Actually, I enjoy having just enough money to live on. I don't think it should be more because then, it starts to become important and have value. And money should not be important.

No comments: