music

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Grilled Pork.

Time for some words.

Life has been fairly blissful after Oi, and then Grace's sickness. Grace has really developed into a funtime ball of bubbling laughter and is a bit of a hoot. So we have enjoyed good times lolling about the house.

My evening walks are splendid and go go every day, almost without exception. By late afternoon I am craving some solitude and the plantation is perfect for communing with Nature. Damn it, everywhere else is heaving with busy people and noisy, smelly cars and trucks full of crap.

Tom came over last night and we drank cheap beer and chewed the fat over some tunes.

It is the birthday of Toi the guitarist from Co-Art and people are going out. I am tempted to go, but part of me also doesn't want to go. It can get dangerous in the town; drunk people, busy traffic and aggressive Westerners, especially on football night. I shall have to see if I can bare a night out.

I have been playing a lot of guitar again lately, not having any evening classes and plenty of free time. It has been good and I found some wicked videos of the internet to give me something new to play.

Some killer films include; Brooklyn's Finest, The Last Station and The Vintner's Luck.

We spend all my salary every month now I don't do the extra work. That's okay and I think it is quite good as it encourages one to be careful with money. When I am wandering about I cannot believe how rich a lot of these people are, and they have the arrogance to go with it too. I deliberately ignore these people when I spy them in the school or in the supermarket. I play up to it by whistling and barging past them. Or just staring at them for a moment or two. Unfortunately, I think a lot of their kids are going to grow up as cunts too. Phit told me one kid, whose mother had bought everyone in his class a doughnut on his birthday was treated like a prince at home. He doesn't have to do anything as he is pampered by maids, who dress and wash him. He spends most of the class in Dreamworld and I have to constantly remind him to repeat the vocab I am teaching as he forgets what he is doing and returns to Dreamland. Poor kid. Doubt he has ever cut his knee or picked up an insect in his sweet, short life. Yes, they really protect themselves with money over here. 

The supermarkets still astound me. Everything is 200-250 Baht. Cookies, pasta, ham just way, way expensive. I resort to eating the cheap Thai snacks of fried bananas. Of course that is the trick; eat what the locals eat. And my latest little compliment to a glass of beer is the delicious grilled pork they serve with a dip. It is even on  my way home from my walk. So I can stop off, buy the pork and a bottle of Archa and sit out the back of the house thoroughly enjoying the evening sun. Perfect.

And that said, it is nearly time for my walk.

No comments: