music

Friday, March 9, 2012

Call Me

Had a wonderful break in Chum Pon and Koh Chang last week. Om (Oi's baby brother) did his monk thing and we shot off to the island for some very cool chilling. I relaxed so much and Grace and Oi had a great time on the beach. I read Maughm's The Narrow Corner. Awesome and much appreciated.

Back in old Hat Yai now and a 2 day English camp to attend tomorrow. I've made a fishing game with the magnets.

I have private work most days but am also relaxing with movies. Today I watched "The Men Who Stare at Goats" and yesterday, "The Descendants". Both were brilliant.

I can feel the winds of change blowing and strange things keep pointing to new things. I have a lot of trouble coming to terms with things these days; careers and stuff I just don't understand. MAybe its the media that keeps me thinks we are are always on the edge of a great tipping point. More and more my own life seems the higher priority and I find myself dispairing at humanity. I love some of the gadgets we produce but hate all the crap that gets produced to fulfill this dying circle. Plastic, oil.... it's the snake eating his own tail. Maybe I have been reading that quote for too long about beware of the man who puts a fence around some land and claims it as his. When you are born into a world where everything is owned, what chance do you have?

Been listening to some Springsteen and just feel in love with Call Me by Sinatra.

Got a bunch of movies to watch. Gonna try to keep the games to a minimum, though Mass Effect 3 is out and great fun.

Saw a bit of The Gods Must be Crazy the other day which Oi knew all about, strangely. That is so funny.

ok, running low now....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Narrow Corner and The Men Who Stare at Goats both masterpieces and hugely satisfying. Had a hunch The Dependents was going to be excellent and have been trying to see it.

Glad you've been getting some quality time. It gives us a chance to think straight.

Cheers.