music

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Thursday

My first day in the week when I don't have private classes in the evening. Traditionally, I pick up some Guinness on the way home to celebrate this great relief. Today, though periously short of cash I succumb to two cans and two cans of tonic. Extremely wisely, last week I procured a bottle of cheap gin, which kept me company in the absence of the friends I failed to see. Friends, it must be said, that I have hardly seen in over a month. Sad, but true.

I can still party on my own though.

Life focuses around Grace and that is enough to exhaust me. Last night she didn't sleep until after ten, by that time I was near spent myself and ready to nap. Precious moments alone are stolen in the early hours, or riding my bike from school.

It's payday tomorrow and thank heavens.

Juicing is going well, and I can pick up the basic ingredients for a green juice of about 70 baht. Wonderful farts and green shit follows.

I have stayed on the vegan diet fairly successfully, straying only on weekends when some chicken might land on my plate or a pack of crisps proves irresistable. But, it is very few and far between. I have settled at about 86 kgs, which is fine and my schedule does not allow time for my swimming either right now. Something that needs to be resolved.

I have tried to tear myself away from the computer and watch a couple of movies, which has had partial success. I watched a bit of Last Night with Keara Knightley, The BEst Exotic Marigold Hotel - which seemed a triffle wet to me, and last night we watched most of The Secret Garden (1993) which was awesome. Even Grace was transfixed until she announced she wanted to go to bed. Oh...and The Legend of 1900 which is masterful.

All of which remain to be finished. Such is the way of things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could make gazpacho in your juicer. 4 tomatoes, 4 cucumbers, half a pepper, a clove of garlic and zam! Ridiculously delicious and buzzing with life.
Made a fruit juice yesterday - oranges, an apple, four cherries, a bit of lemon and lime and made ice lollies out of it. Delish and something the kids can enjoy without getting hit by sugar and additives.