music

Friday, July 13, 2012

Weekend at Last

Darn busy right now with a lot of priavte classes that keep vital extra funds rolling in.

Other than that life is fairly quiet. Our time is spent nurturing Grace. I bought her a Play Doh fairytale set the other day which is fun. And right now she is hooked on Tom and Jerry.

Oi is fine and enjoying working though the Western teacher she has been assigned to has no experience and is basically completely crap as a teacher. I tell Oi not to think about it too much.

One good thing for me is, that I as I am an ok teacher, work is never in short supply and I am doing as much as I can tolerate now. My private classes are an enjoyable 5 minute bike ride away, my second boss is very kind and works everything to suit my needs. It's damn cushy really, but then I have 10 years experience now and I do it to my needs.

I am totally hooked on Stronghold Kingdoms, which is just as well as I rarely see other people these days. It's a great fun and social game, and I have been kickin' ass of late sending my armies to raze enemy villages and take people out of the game. I ignore their pleas for mercy.

There is a chemist that sells Guinness on my way home which proves too tempting too many times as I whizz by on my bike. Also, a cheapish bottle of gin can be found in town at 390 Baht a pop. I can buy fresh lemons, soda and ice to make the perfect evening beverage.

These things, these good things must be learnt I find. Living well is not expensive, you just need to know what to do. Regular supplies of olives, Guinness and G&T's make everything very, very rosy. We live a very comfortable life in a rented house in the country. Life is spent in the garden and gazing at the sky.

I suppose what I am saying is that it is not about how much money you have, which for many people is the case, but how you spend what you have to make life pleasant. Cheese, of how I miss cheese, and stuff like that is the food of the Gods, and it doesn't have to cost a lot and you don't have to have it all the time.

Hey, I will be looking forward to Christmas when I splash out on all those edible goodies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I stoop on a flat rock, my hands feel the chill of the autumn river. The red leaves of the sumacs along the river bank stand out against the clear blue autumn sky. I am struck with wonder by the unexpected splendor of the branches branches against the sky.

Masanobu Fukuoka in The One Straw Revolution