music

Friday, September 5, 2008

7 Days

A week today, I shall be married.

It hasn't been so bad in the build up so far, but there is still plenty of time. Oi is handling most of it. Phit took me to get the ring and some new shoes. I have the two suits already and Oi is going home on Tuesday to get things ready. I will go up in a minibus with Mater and any buddies who want to come. A fuck of a long journey which has me peeved, but has to be done.

It will be so awesome to see my buddies; Matt Beck, Joel and Tony. It has been more than 7 years since I have seen Tony. Our last meeting on Koh Samui on my first trip to Thailand. I fear the years have not been kind. Actually, I jest, I think he is in pretty good shape.

My hook up with John Zerzan has me in a perpetual state of imminent disaster. And why I would want to get married and breed defies logic, but then I guess it is the caveman who clubs his babe and drags her off to his cave. Indeed, everytime I throw a plastic bottle cap or such like into the bin, I think, "How long will this take to decay?"

Movie to watch;

Manufactured Landscapes
Who Killed the Electric Car
Earthlings
HellBoy 2
Felon
Iron Man

Websites;

http://www.theecologist.org/

http://www.theecologist.org/pages/ecologist_media.asp?podcast_id=89

Right now, the system strikes out at the individual struggling to survive. More and more the liberator becomes the oppressor, and Man's obsession with money blinds him from everything else.

Quote of the Week (old Arabic proverb);

"Those who know, don't say.
Those who don't know, say."

...you don't say!

I find it kinda funny why people are still working their jobs close to the centre of the system, but then I believe in the principle that Man (in general) will not leave the helm, until the final curtain call. Deckchairs on the Titanic... Denial will thrive in these final days. These lumbering governments are useless against the force of the machine.

Animals are all ready so nearly gone. Whole populations have been desimated in a single year, and every day one can read about some massive disaster for our furry friends. Indeed, the animal kingdom is collapsing. Soon we will be alone.

1 comment:

Robert said...

The forests of Laos and Cambodia are crammed with unexploded US hardware and also animals. Folks can no longer venture in. Likewise, eagles and bears have returned to Chernobyl same same.
We will be gone.