music

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Blender

I just purchased a blender after reading about a woman who got herself well on carrots, apples and ginger. Indeed, my recent skirmishes with ginger have resulted in much respect for this root vegetable. One can feel it killing all germs in its path. I accidentally put too much ginger in, along with carrots and apples, and I nearly retched - but in a good way. You can feel it burning through you. Anyway, I made another with just a couple of small slices and heaps of apples and carrots. And you can still feel in burning the insides of your eyes. Whatever, I am hoping to have this surge of energy later on, if I'm not too stoned to feel it.

I also picked up a 2001 bottle of wine last night. I mighty rare vintage in these parts. And Holy Fuck was it nice! Hmmm...so smooth! Didn't take the roof off your mouth like the ones that cost less than 450B a bottle do, I can tell you.

Right now I am playing mindless flash games and am enjoying it. Tech has come a long way and now the old style shoot games look pretty smart these days.

Mum will arrive tomorrow loaded with Dime Bars and a wood carving kit for me. Oi wanted the Dime Bars after sampling their orgasmic taste last time mum came here. I'm going to start nurturing a new hobby and carve some wooden animals, like our uncle Buzzer did. I am hoping some of the skill transferred across somehow. I know patience will play a part, and a good eye. I guess I will have to get a vice too to keep the wood still as I carve.

Classical guitar is reaching awesome spheres for me. I can sight read quite well now and am now fairly free to move about the fretboard. I have been trying to study scales and stuff, but it all seems such a mystery. I resolved to forget about trying to understand it and just get on and play the bloody thing. A technique that has borne some fruit.

I have closed down Movie Night. The pressure was just too much. Selecting movies for an international audience can be a taxing occupation. Conjuring the popcorn, remembering to make it before the end of the film, over-indulgence and feeling like poo the next day - and it doesn't take much these days. In fact, anything other than Guinness will have a buzzing wire in the head the next day. Sensitive little fucker, am I.

I have opened Sunday Mattinee Movie. Audience of Don and Tom.

On with the show...

No comments: