music

Friday, March 13, 2009

Prime Cut






I have just watched one of the best movies I have ever seen and I can't believe it evaded me for all my life. Prime Cut stars Lee Marvin and Gene Hackman and Sissy Spacek. It blows the shit out of so many movies trying to do the same thing; namely Taranino. He never did one this good. Do whatever it takes to see this movie, just don't die beforehand.

Other news, Tom left for BKK yesterday and going to the States on Sunday to chill in Phoenix at his mum's and then to follow the Grateful Dead all over America on a gruelling 2 month gigfest. I wish him well. Tom is an awesome guy. Always up to party and as good as gold. I have spent a lot of time with him of late and every minute has been a blast.

The holidays are going well and Oi and I spend our days relaxing. I am doing a 3000 piece jigsaw and playing Burnout Paradise (an awesome car game). Oi sleeps, watches TV and plays the hidden item games. It has been great. We are biding our time for the baby and all the shit that will go down when it happens.

We have to move house before then as mum's a plenty will descend and we want to be somewhere with a garden and enough space for me to escape from the teeming masses that will surely dawn.

The trip home is looming and I try not to think about it too much. It's the flight I dread and the process of traveling to the other side of the globe. I thought I had hung up my traveling boots long ago, but duty calls and I must venture into the world once more. It will be great to drink ale again, see Shamus, see the English countryside, see mon frere executed, mum, Nick, eat Spanish ham and drink Spanish wine, see Raffa, Peter, Joel, Jimmy V, Marc, Marsha, Andy, Matty Beck and my sister Tish.

Yes there are many good things to look forward to. I will have to visit the chemist and dose myself up for the plane journey. I will just keep my shoes on in case I have to run over burning steel.

And then I will return to the birth of a child and join the ranks of Jimmy V and Peter.

Sounds good to me.

The Dangerous J.

No comments: