music

Friday, July 2, 2010

Home Alone II - Fear and Loathing

Oi called up yesterday morning and announced she was coming home.

"No way!" I exclaimed, "You've only been gone a day!"

Grace has been crying in the evening, but very happy during the day up at the farm.

I told her to give it a few days and relax with her family. I didn't want her coming home and getting bored and not smiling again in a few days. I think she has taken the hint.

Life alone has been okay so far. Tom has kept me good company and Don is coming around for a Saturday morning coffee. We both wake up excruciatingly early so at least we can hook up in the early morn amicably.

So in my time alone at the house I have been relaxing outside and I had another quick go on Grand Theft Auto 4, which although amazing, still cannot have me reaching for the quit key after fifteen minutes or so.

I have sat through a few good movies uninterrupted though;

Crossing Over (Harrison Ford) - immigration officer in LA - not bad

Disgrace - John Malkavich in South Africa and very weird and awesome. Recommended.

The Road - Way too depressing. Avoid.

I Love You Phillip Morris - Very funny but I switched off when Ewwwwan McGregor came on.

In the Electric Mist - Tommy Lee Jones in a great detective story way on down in the Deep South Louisiana. Excellent.

These days it is exercise and keeping myself alive which are in my foremost thoughts. That's not when I am enjoying a beer and doing nothing.

No comments: