music

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hat Yai

Just returned from an unsuccessful attempt to reach Patrick. Central Hat Yai looks like it has been severely bombed. The buildings, are all right, but there is huge piles of rubbish everywhere. The whole place is saturated with water and there are dozens of people sitting outside their homes or sorting through belongings. Added to this, the traffic is insane. Streets of mush and gridlock traffic make it especially awful to be there. I didn't take the camera and I am glad about that. It's just too sad. I am so glad we don't live there.

School is cancelled until Monday, but I think that is a bit optimistic. They can, however, pull off some amazing feats of human endurance though, so I may stand corrected. Again strangely, there is nothing in the international news about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of falang teachers up sticks and move elsewhere. Why be involved in this enormous clean-up operation when you could jump on a bus and head up to Bangers? Poor old Patrick. His house is in probably the worst hit area. As it was a couple of days ago now, I thought things might look okay, but boy, was I wrong. It was just terrible. I called into Co-Art. There was Dtoi, the wizard guitarist, mending stuff. Fortunately, his bar is quite high so it was only knee deep. If you were standing in the street it would be up to your neck or higher.

Watch this space...

No comments: