music

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pond Life

Fairly relaxed at home and enjoying some free time. I work a private job Mon-Thurs and have a 3 day weekend which is great. Obviously, it's all about keeping Gracie amused so we are heading over to Songkhla to stay in a cheap hotel and eat, play on slides and go in the sea. Songkhla seems much more suited to kids and leisure than Hat Yai. It will be fun and we found some yummy restaurants with great snacks.

The private classes are fairly fun and I deliberately don't plan or think about it for too much beforehand. The pay is very poor so that justifies me not preparing, and I like to think on my toes.

Lee gave us a lift back from an English camp the other day which was a development. He was nice. He seems to be suffering from Bell's Palsy as half his face has collapsed. Hopefully, it will repair itself. At least some things were put too rest and I will let things take their natural cause. I'm not interested in pushing anything, nor have any interest in establishing great causes.

Started swimming again and going 3 times a week after dropping off Grace at nursery. It's great to be back in the water and feeling a tiny bit good about my body.

Patrick came over last night for a jar and a chat. He was in good spirits and has been having some luck with the ladies.

Have to sort out renewing my passport this holiday. Horrible burden.

Pretty hot here now as we lead into high Summer. I made a little stone campfire in the garden and have baked some potatoes. Going to do plenty of that as they were super delicious.

I hear the evil Linda has been about speaking foul of Smart English. According to Patrick she was telling a headmaster at a local college that Smart's staff are all old and she can provide young, fresh teachers. She should look in the mirror - shrivelled up old prune. I told Patrick he should tell her some of the things I remember dad barking at his lousy care assistants in the home. Namely, "A gorilla wouldn't marry you!" and "You'd kick the crutches from a cripple." Horrible old bag.

Of course, living in the country I only hear about such unsavoury types through word of mouth and makes for nothing more than idle banter. Pond life. Hey Ho.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Expats in Spain are generally a rum lot - slagging each other off behind their backs and yet desperately clinging on to poor friendships for fear of loneliness. And when all together, slagging off the Spanish.

Barge pole. Don't go near 'em.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Linda is up to her usual games. Is Smart English vying for Udom or hatyai tech?