music

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Arse

Saturday evening and I spent the day in slow recovery from a fun night out last night.

I went over to Tom's apartment and we sank some blacks while we chatted about fun stuff. Then we headed over to Patrick's who was hosting another meal, cooked by his girlfriend, Ying. Patrick's been steady with her for a while now and she's moved in. Patrick actually seems a bit calmer these days, presumably because of the woman.

It was a fun night and I stayed awake until I left at about 3. Lots of chat, an exchange of music courtesy of Utube and plenty of laughter. My looming departure seems to have prompted social activity.

I'm looking forward to moving, because the feeling if I wasn't moving would be one of boredom on the treadmill of life. So I am very glad of the upcoming change of scene. And Chum Phon is greatly situated for holidays, trips to Bangkok, world class beaches and islands.

The Stranglers have raised their ugly heads on Win Amp lately, which has proved fun.

I'm working a lot but enjoying it and having quite a blast with students which probably comes with having clocked up ten years teaching experience. I keep meeting teachers just off the plane who don't know shit and give appalling lessons to deathly bored students. Ahhh! They get no sympathy from me, especially as they receive the same fucking wage. Yes, experience counts for nothing in this land. At least in terms of cash which is how things are valued in the world of Man.

In attempts to pacify Grace I appear to have erred and introduce the coming of Christmas a few weeks too early. We took a trip into town today in the chill taxi and bought some xmas decorations. Grace went mad as usual running around the store having a blast. Somehow I managed to get out of putting up the xmas tree when we got home, but I did have to join her in the pool 3 times.

Now evening draws on and hopefully I can chill with a couple of drinks, some tunes some comedy radio shows (ElvenQuest) before I drag my sorry arse off to bed to rise again on Sunday.

Smart English have kindly booked my arse for another shitty English camp next Saturday, all for free of course leaving me precious little time to rest. Oh the humanity!

No comments: