music

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Sweet Approaching Floppy Hat of Christmas

A boring Thursday.  A busy work schedule and a dumb camp on Saturday, at my school as it happens. Am I supposed to limit my extra-curiculla activities?

I had a 4 pack of blacks tonight and Canada Mark brought some "coffee" for me, so I am suitably sedated.

The newly discovered Stranglers Acoustic in Bruge is delightful, ambiant and light, echoed with the timelessly wise words of these noble men.

I am playing a wonderful new game on the Ipad. "Knights of Pen and Paper". It's a DM (Dungeon Master) sitting on a table in front of you, in very blocky retro graphics and you can build a party of bold adventurers sitting on the other side of the table facing him. You can pick Nerds and Pizza Guys who can take the roles of Hunters, Mages, Clerics, Warriors, Rogues and the like.

Then you can travel about a blocky map carrying out fun quests and buying gorgeous armour and magic weapons in the villages and castle settlements, Clearing out caves teeming with goblins and battling sand worms and giant grubs. Level up and award yourself with a skill improving damage, healing, sleep, meteor storm such as the character provides.

You can make armour at the blacksmith and equip each character with rings, and swords, wand, armour etc.

All dialogue is in speech bubbles and very comic, simulating a game of D&D in someone's house. Great fun and hopelessly addicted.

I've been watching TV. Nashville. An American series and fun viewing.

I simply adore ElvenQuest and have so far listened to four episodes. Yea, the dark lord is hilarious. I look forward to further listens.

Christmas looming. I believe I shall be popping out to buy some goodies, like cheese, dried meat, olives,cheese  biscuits, butterscotch biscuits, gin, Guinness, and maybe some whiskey. I might even make my special salsa and some morning whiskey coffees. One must at least attempt to enjoy the event, and get as stuffed and loaded as possible. Stumble about the house muttering obscure John Cusack quotations from a forgotten 80's lost gem. Weep some soppy tears as one engages in a flackback to younger days in a drunken Utube evening on ones own. Catch yourself trying to hopelessly explain some incredible philosophy you possess that the other party has no interest in knowing about. Yes, it all happens at Christmas.

No comments: