music

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Still Rolling...

Thursday afternoon and a brief window of nothingness to bathe in. I purchased six lovely cans of Guinness in anticipation of my short time of isolated bliss. I got hold of the Seahorses album lately (John Squire) which plays and sounds pleasing.

The word is well and truly out that we are to depart Hat Yai in March, and this knowledge has lightened my load when it comes to working. Knowing that there is an end, not an endless treadmill, has set me in uncanny good spirits during class. Funny, isn't it? I have always liked to throw things up in the air and start again, and it definitely breaths fresh air into a stale life, for me anyway.

Pretty busy of late, doing private class every weekday after the regular job, but coping well so far. Normally we are in bed by6 half nine, and sleep comes easy.

We are off for our monthly Songkhla excursion tomorrow. This time, by luxury taxi. No more clinging on to dear life on the trusty motorbike. Metered taxis arrived just in time for mother's visit and blow local rip-off transport out of the fucking water. Perhaps a third of the price. I jest not.

Halloween has dominated my lessons, kids and adults alike. Thais love ghosts and the stories just flow about hearing strange noises and shadows. Great subject for an English lesson or five.

Grace has been great fun and is regularly belting out, "The Sun Willl Come Up Tomorrow", or chuckling to Tom and Jerry or the new Angry Birds game, Bad Piggies. She's certainly a happy little girl.

Mater's stock of food supplies is slowly being whittled away. Just the cheese left now and half a packet of Hob Nobs. I have been making Mean Greens like a mad witch on a mission, but the girth is yet to be reduced. I keep thinking, "Why isn't is going down?" I surmise that the larder must be bare before the fat can fall off. Quite upsetting really, that all my efforts went down the toilet. Still, as Jow Cross, from Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead stated, "Only you can decide what passes between your lips"

Been listening to Some Girls quite a bit lately and trudging through Moby Dick when I can resist the lure of the Ipad. For Ipad gamers, Punch Quest has proved breat fun.

Radio 4 has recieved a lot of airplay of late, The Today Programme and a great new show, Mastertapes, discussing classic albums, including Suzanne Vega and Billy Bragg. Both were great listening. The News Quiz and In Our Time get regular tweetment, as does Material World when imagination allows.

All for Now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pop quiz
Which seahorses song was written by liam gallagher?