music

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Far Cry Swimming

Yesterday, I was in a torrid rage. Angry at everything, moments from catastrophy. I knew what was wrong. I had to swim. I rushed to the gym, praying I had enough cash in the machine for a months membership. For once, my luck was in. I went. I joined. I swam. And instantly cured my fever.

Today I did half an hour on the bike as I am a trifle unwell.

Rising at 3:30 I stumbled to the PC and fired it up. Far Cry 3? What's this? Best game ever? I loaded up Steam and there it was, with a timer, "This game will be available to play in 3 hours." I scrambled across the keyboard and managed a purchase with my existing account, and frighteningly easy to empty my bank account. However, to this day I have only ever purchased two games through Steam, the other being the incredible Skyrim.

Anyway, I bought the fucker and went to work as it slowly downloaded. Cheerful at work, knowing there would be something awesome for me waiting at home, I went to the gym on the way home and did an easy, yet fullfilling, thirty minutes on the bike.

Home now, coffee-ed up and just finished my first session, on what could, briefly resurrect PC gaming for me. I haven't played anything since the life threatening experience with Stronghold Kingdoms, a game in which I saw the terrible sickness of gaming addiction, which in a single night I rid myself of.

You can imagine how wonderful Far Cry 3 is. The first installment remains, perhaps, my favourite game of all time.

Loving ElvenQuest and have happily arrived at series 2. The Lord Darkness has me laughing out loud in the middle of the night as babes in arms sleep soundly beside me. If you ever want to laugh?...Oh do shut up, Jim!

Rolling Stones and recent Stranglers get some airplay.





Batman entertains, and a brief encounter with the beautiful Smilla's Sense for Snow.

No comments: