music

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Down, Down, Down

Like the great ship Titantic, the world economy continues it's long voyage to the bottom. The news has never been so fascinating and one can watch new headlines pouring in with each passing minute. The New York Times seems to me to be the best news site, and one of today's headlines is concerning the mounting cars sitting on the dock tarmac in sunny California. "The ships keep coming in" cries the dock worker, but the dealers aren't buying. And the cardboard that gets sent back to china for box maunfacturing isn't required either, creating a nice double whammy. Ya, the car industry is in major meltdown and we may see GM go under.

And job losses. 50,000 in one hit from Citibank. "Jeepers!", as my Divinity teacher, Bomber Brown corrected an excited boy who shouted out, "Jesus!" in one fine class. As you know, thousands are being laid off across multiple sectors. The farm has never been so appealing.

That said, last night I talked with Gee and Oi about forming a new partnership together. Get this; one nasty parent who I had just rejected teaches her kid on a one-on-one basis (I don't do that boring game), shot back at Gee and told her that I would probably soon ditch her as my business partner and take up business soley with Oi, thus keeping all the loot to ourselves. Oh, foolish wench. She obviously doesn't know what Gee and I have been through together and of our great mutual respect. Gee is and always with be awesome. Some Thai business wmoen have also been trying to steal Gee away from me to go working for another private teaching gig. Again, they don't know that our partnership is based on fun and good times, not on cold, hard cash and being cunts to each other, like so many of the rest. I am pissed that folk have tried this on, but very proud of Gee who has rebuffed all such offers. Anyway, next year may bring great things. Oi and Gee are both super-lovely people who love children before the Yankie dollar any day. And you can see that in the kids faces and their reluctance to go home at the end of class.

What have I learnt from this? How quickly, and I am not infallible by any means, human beans will shit on each other if they can smell the green or power. Pretty disgusting actually. I have always made it my point to be so damn perfect in my work that no-one can touch me. It's easy if you try because no one else does. And very importantly, NOT to think about the money but on the work in front of you. The cash is a nice bonus, but only still a by-product to the core activity. Suck it and see.

I ain't touched a drop os liquer since last Friday and have been exercising at home and at the uni. I am determined never to be fat and fucked-up. Actually, once you kick out the crap things you do, it soon falls away and I have slimmed down a tad after just a few days. Last night I suggested to Oi that I wanted one of the cans of Guinness that had been sitting in the fridge since last Saturday when she offered to go and get me a fruit shake from the market outside. So, I had a banana and pineapple shake instead. I didn't even have dinner and I wasn't hungry either. Good show. I am sure marriage can encourage self destructive menfolk to take better care of their bodies and health.

I spy on Gamespot that more games are being released and it is my intention to pop down to the black market and aquire a few more for the stockpile. The Witcher, Tomb Raider Underground and Left for Dead all look fun. I am on about Chapter 7 of 12 of Dead Space and will indeed finish this most excellent game.

Music - srangely enough I have been pulling out the few World Party tracks off of my hard drive and recounting the wisom in Ship of Fools and Is It Like Today. Good stuff.

John Zerzan has done some good shows and is taking a more international perspective which I appreciate. I sent him the link abou the Korean woman so obsessed with cosmetic surgery, that when her prescribed injection at home supply of blotox or whatever ran out, she started injecting cooking oil into her face. The results and "before" picture would leave you feeling awful and in despair.

Pirates off Somalia - cool (not really)! Shame they got driven to it after their fishing waters got so polluted and empty as they watch endless lines of oil tankers chugg past their homes.

Seemingly endless stories of murder and beating coming out of UK as I read the tabloids there.

Thaksin divorced his wife. A plot to gain re-entry into the UK or to claw back his frozen millions. No go - i hope. Fancy sacrificing your marriage for the possibly of material gain. In any eyes, he must have lost credibility over that - or maybe not in this declining society.

Anyway, hopefully the rain has stopped here for a moment and I should rush out and buy me some zombies to blast.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Bravo. Superbly balanced.