music

Friday, November 7, 2008

A rainy Saturday morning. It was raining all night and Oi slept like a log, unlike myself. Now the bud has run out I am back to waking up at 2 o'clock in the God damn morning again. I lay there wrestling about it before coming downstairs and surfed the Net and drank some tea. I got back to sleep at about five and was up again at seven for my guitar lesson.

As stated earlier I am watching some of these TV show downloads these day. Californication is really good and David Duchanvony (?) is very cool. He shags countless women and drives around LA generally being super cool, though I thought his Wayne's World saunter was a bit embarrassing. It's a great show. Dirty Sexy Money is proving a bit of a let down as it went from brilliant to TV sap. Also, checking out new Merlin, and the old mini-series Merlin with Sam Neil and Robin of Sherwood from way back in 1984 with Sean Connery's son, Jason.

Life is fairly rosy right now and last week I taught a record-breaking four evenings on top of my daytime job. Somehow, I have adopted a very casual method of teaching which the kids seem to enjoy, and it has proven quite successful as their speaking ability "on the spot" and their confidence have both increased noticeably. Of course, teaching should be easy if you are doing it right. Like anything, there are infinite possiblities and approaches, but there is a most effective method, and it is our job as teachers to find it.

The Red Hand Gang (Lee, Tom, Don and now Patrick) are all fine and we, well Patrick and myself got very drunk last Wednesday. We abandoned the movie halfway through and indulged in a lethal cocktail of Guinness, green, Singha, Leo and Jameson's Irish Whiskey. Patrick fell down the stairs when he got back home, when he decided to have one last beer in the fridge as he was preparing for bed. We gotta stop all this one day.

Oi is as sweet and calm as ever. She still has 4 months of study which is occupying her weekend. She would much rather be sleeping. Her new job is proving good and she is enjoying meeting her new students. It's amazing how quickly one forgets the old ones.

...Saturday evening now and a relatively boring day.

I took a trip into town and picked up some new video games and subsequently gave myself a headache. Why do I still continue this torturous path? Anyway, for those interested I picked up Fry Cry 2, Dead Space and Fallout 3. All look awesome. All are so massive there seems little point in even starting the odyssey.

I watched a bunch of Californication shows which admittedly are fucking awesome and I highly recommend it. If you think I am rude and horrible, watch this show.

Oi is at uni of course and then out to help some kid or some parent or something. Fine. I sat listening to Tanita Tickaram in the dark with a glass of hot whiskey and water.

The boys will be arriving shortly, so I had best sign off.

Night all,

No comments: