music

Friday, February 6, 2009

Black

Today, suddenly, I was overcome by gloom, which has, as yet, to abate. Maybe it is the pain in my lower back from enthusiastic exercise, or male hormones, or the crappy English camp I am forced to attend on Monday. I don't know. But I know when it comes. Rather like that famous outing to Songkhla with the marriage brigade. Anyway, I feel like poo.

I have bought some wine but am starting with a Guinness. Oi has gone to a rare dinner with school friends, and thankfully, Tom has come to the rescue by an invite to Co-Art with him and Don.

Tom is one of those guys, like Tony, who can pick me up just like that. Always happy and carefree. He is ideal and sought after company. I am lucky to have him as a good pal. It's funny, some people are so offended by me, and yet others, there is never a word passed in anger. Tom and Oi fall into the category. They are just too innocent. I know with Oi if we ever got into an argument, I envisage she would well up and start blubbing. And because I could never do that to her as she never says anything to offend, it is unlikely we shall squabble. Whether this is good or bad I don't know, but it is probably good for me. I can control my demons if I am left alone to do so. Something the Thais have been very quick to learn.

And Don? Don is as dry as I am, and we generally have a similar outlook. I think this is because he is Canadian and has a closer link to England and Australia as opposed to Americans, who sometimes, are like another species with strange opinions and values. Not all, of course, but I have meet a few who believe that America is everything and if you don't follow then you're not worthy. Folks like, Vince Bell, who I met in Nashville were perfect gents and very generous, of course. England too, of course, has a high proportion of Yob-oiks and scum like anywhere.

So, I suppose, if I rest and take it easy I can make myself feel better.

I am also in a Woody Allen download megathon and am currently acquiring a ton of his movies that have escaped my radar to date. These include; Another Woman, Deconstructing Henry, Manhatten, Curse of the Jade Dragon. Go check there are all at The Pirate Bay.

Ta,

The Dangerous J.

No comments: