music

Saturday, February 7, 2009

God Knows I'm Good

Made a fairly swift recovery from gloominess, thanks to Tom and the boys. Had a cracking night at the Co-Art and refrained from playing any songs as I was pissed and didn't want to blow it. Thank heavens I can maintain a level of reason. Tom, Don, Patrick and Danny were all there and some Thai buddies there too, including a guy who used to live in the house I shared with Kyle years ago. I told him the unfortunate story when Tom left his haul at Kyle's pad in BKK while he went to Cambodia. Upon his return Kyle and Joe had smoked nearly all of it. Tom did a massive job of restraining his anger and disbelief and we collectively up it down to smokers and nothing more. Sad though as that was everyone's supply down in dry Hat Yai.

Thanks Rob for those John Reed music tips. I am DL some of them now.

Tom told me last night of a great Woody movie where he is some Napoleonic foot soldier moaning about his runny nose in the midst of battle. Love and War, and it is on the DL along with about 6 others.

Having studied the Thaivisa forum a bit lately there is an interesting debate on Thai beer and I am sad to say that the general consensus is that Thai beer is basically crap. Fortunately here in Hat Yai we are able to buy Guinness that comes over from nearby Malaysia and these days is all I drink. I used to like Singha, but lately I had developed a dislike for it too. So, I spent a few Baht on wine or a bottle of Jamesons. It's definitely worth it. As my dear deceased girlfriend Sharon once told me, "I won't compromise on food." when I suggested something stupid one time when cash was tight. And so it should be with the booze too. But on a lighter note here is a libnk to a blog on a Thai beer that has raised a lot of discussion because it is so unbelievably disgusting; Cheers beer

http://beerasia.blogspot.com/2006/03/cheers-beer-probably-worst-beer-in.html

It really does have to be tasted to be believed. Fuck!@ It's just foul! If you see an imported can, you might consider buying it just to confirm the fact. It's so bad that it is actually bloody funny.

1 comment:

Robert said...

I recently heard that Love and War is many people's fave Woody Allen film.