music

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mother

Oi's mum has arrived as the beirn is about to drop. She is very humble and sweet. Being a farmer she is already feeling bored with city life and missing the fields and orchards. I can't blame her and I find myself missing the farm life too. We have tried to appease her with King Kong. I noticed she was fast asleep as I wandered passed to make a coffee. According to Oi it's the first time she has ever stopped working. Maybe one day we too can live out in the sticks, but right now I think we are staying put.

I have sort of completed work to the rear balcony. I did a full architectual job on it and there is no dead space at all. The county fair is on in a couple of days so I will go and buy some cool plants and stuff to deck it out. I have already started my cactus garden.

There are two reclining cushioned areas for bods to converse together. My hardwood skull and iron crab fiercely guarding the areas of white pebbles and drinks area. I bought some vodka and some Jameson's to open up the bar. I have a great old lamp, a hardwood low table and connection for Ipod dock for cool tunes. We also bought a wall fan to blow cool breezes upon honoured guests. Upon Oi's advice, I have cunningly rellegated all ground dwelling plants to the front of the house and installed cacti and hanging plants thus eliminating any still water for mozzies to breed. They are still about but in far fewer number, now having to fly the distance from the sewer at the bottom of the garden.

Friday and it is school sports day which means I didn't have to teach. I got up and went for a swim. Then bought lots of ice cream to put in the fridge. One private class tonight for the little ones saw me and Oi cutting out hundreds of squares, circles, rectangles and triangles in different colours for the kids to make a picture.

Oi is likely to give birth within the next few days. I am really glad her mum is here to share the terror of the event.

Work is ok. The kids are great but we have had our hours increased and it is now a daily 3.5 hour marathon of kindergarten every day which takes some energy. If you happen to skip breakfast, you are basically fucked. I am amazed at how jumping up and down is so tiring. I think I need to start skipping with a rope to get better at it. These days I can swim 40 lengths with no great hardship, but jumping on the spot really fucks me up.

Still an avid fan of the BBC podcasts and I have found some scientific lectures on other sites which are great. As Don had told me, I didn't realise how fantastic ipod's are until I actually bought one. I have been pushing the idea to Tom, who would be an ideal user, but he has so far successfully resisted purchase. Though, upon my advice, he did go to the Apple store to test the water.

PC wise I am playing the free shooter availble from EA called "Battlefield Heroes." I like it, but boy it can make you swear. Multiplayer and totally free, fast and professional.

Music - still Amadou and Mariam is the best thing I have heard in ages.

1 comment:

Robert said...

My office has a big interior patio which is Rockie's domain. Strangely I had planned to collect white pebbles for it today from the beach. I already have some blue and some red ones stacked on top of one another which Rocky knocks over with a swish of her tail as she stretches out after din-dins.
BTW, what model ipod do you have?
Bro.