music

Friday, August 21, 2009

Still Waiting

No the baby has not arrived yet but it will definitely be very soon. The official date is 29th August but I am as confused as anyone. I mean, it was weeks ago I rushed back home, having woken up next to Tom on Patrick's kitchen floor, as Oi was saying it was happening. Still, it goes on.

Just read a really nasty article, and one of the first comments was, "I bet this doesn't get outside Thailand." The remains of a German man was found in the woods having had explosives attached to him and detonated by remote control. I tell you, Thailand is awful sometimes. People are shot all the time here. This morning, Phit told me of a Thai woman killed by being crushed in the hold of a bus. Apparently the teenage driver was racing his bus with another bus and when the passenger pressed the bell to exit the vehicle he got angry. I think she tried to go down to the exit and got squashed as he braked or swerved or something. Horrid, horrid stories. Thailand is falling apart as materialism takes hold of a very simple people. America what have you done making these people worship money, the green God.

Life for me is fairly cool. Oi is as pleasant as always and her poor mum, used to being outside on the farm all day being forced to watch high society soaps all day as she waits for the baby.

All the boys are fine and life goes on. Not many of them have plans for family like I do, but each to his own. They are happy in their own way.

As TV is out for me I have been playing Battlefield Heroes and drinking Guinness and Vodka. Actually, I just realised what a great drink vodka is. I mean, it is so versatile. I got through 1 bottle in a week (with a little help) so had to replenish today. I also went for a swim which I had halted due to a runny nose which seems to have passed.

Music - yes, though not much new. Of note is Kate Ceberano's recent efforts - sort of bluesy jazzy Aus girl. Quite sexy, quite nice. Oh and I DL some Colin Hay of Men at Work which is not bad.

Kids at school are awesome and rocketing ahead. It's scary.

Everything hunky dorey really which is so nice.

La!

No comments: