music

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Let Me In

Chinese New Year tomorrow and another days holiday. Things have been quite chill of late and I have really enjoyed just being at home with Oi and Grace. Grace is at the very, very cute stage now, and I am making the most of it. She has made a little cubby hole for herself which she hides in and plays Peek a Boo. I chase her around and she runs off screaming. It's great fun.

Managed to sneak a movie in tonight with Oi. Let Me In. Totally awesome horror flick and highly recommended.

Playing the newly released Dead Space 2 which is great fun. It's been a while since any decent new game was released and this more than makes up for it. Very creepy, very scary and lots of jumps when an alien suddenly scrambles towards you in the ducting. A great level in a space station kindergarten school and a residential block, with guests running passed you on fire as the aliens run rampant.

In Our Time still dominates my pre-sleep listening. And I got an audiobook of Milton's Paradise Lost which I may start listening to tonight.

Going to the gym about 4 times a week, doing weights and swimming. When I am feeling really good (like today) I do the whole workout in one go. About an hour in the gym and then a 40 length swim. Come out feeling like a god. Now I am married et al. the desire to stay at the gym and not rush through it is far stronger than before. I can relax, knowing that when I am home I will be with the family for the duration. I don't know, but I find it easier the exercise properly and not give up now I am hitched.

Can't wait for the end of term, but it hasn't been too bad. I think they are fixing me up with a new school for next term. I will probably retain Kindergarten year 3 where I am, but drop the first 2 years and do something else at another school. Hopefully, it will all work out.

No comments: