music

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Zeitgeist Moving Forward

Though I loathe to get involved, it is worth casting a comment on the situation in Egypt (finally I learnt how to spell it). Interesting to see Blair backing Mubarak and the support of the masses to the opposition. Is it one step in a global phenomenon? Well, I can't see things getting any easier on the global front as the world of Man becomes ever more populated, publicised and exposed. We may see, or are already seeing a domino effect as the populus rise up against the world leaders, if the comments from the Guardian articles are anything to go by. I think the ruling elite should have rubbed out the Internet in its infancy, I really do. Global communication opportunities really do unite the masses.

Then again, if your like me, it is all part of the course we must inevitably follow. No, I am not some crank, just following the nature path of process. We could be studying ants, but then again, they have about 180,000,000 years of evolutionary advantage over us.

Deep discussions with Tom in the wee hours of last week, we agreed on the awful factor of "personal greed" being the poison in the apple. Though, according to Milton, Adam was already unable to think merely being in the presence of Eve, thus diverting the blame of the Fall of Man back to God. Brilliant, really.

Today, being a holiday and Chinese New Year (thanks China), I have been making two giant foam birthday cakes for a new game at an English camp I am forced to attend on Saturday. The kids have to run relay, grab a piece of cake and assemble the pieces in the right order to spell Happy Birthday. Should be good, even though it will have taken me 2 days to build a game that will last about a minute, and some English teachers will turn up with a pencil and some paper and probably conduct an equally entertaining game with about 5 seconds preparation. Oi told me not to think like that.

BTW, there is a new Zeitgeist movie out called Moving Forward if folks are interested. Find it yourselves.

No comments: