music

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The News

I am being pressed for my political views on the situation in North Africa and the Middle East, though frankly, the entertainment scene is far more appertizing these days.

Well, yes...a domino effect. And I note that Bahrain has clamped down especially hard on protests there, having seen the success of Eygptian protests no doubt. Nice learning curve from the people claiming authority over other people.

Hmmm...internet. It has a lot to answer for. Actually, a thought that occurred to me yesterday. I have heard scholars claim that if Man is to survive, and beat his own genetic flaw, that the answer will come from technology. It was technologu that brought us internet and global communication, so therefore one could assume that Tech = global communication = discontent with archaic regemes and upheaval. It makes sense.

In reality, the authorities should shut down the internet. It won't do them any favours. On the show In Our Time, discussing Anarchism, it is defined as people living and working without a governing body. It states that people can actually get along very well like this, and be productive. I still see anarchism as a transitional move to something else, but the idea is an interesting one. Though, sadly, I doubt we will ever see it, as there is always someone who thinks he is entitled to more.

England seems to be in a sorry state right now. The populus warm and cosy deluding themselves with Xboxes and having enough money to get lashed on Friday night seems to be enough to prevent them from thinking about anything else. I am mighty pleased however that the government have been forced into a U-turn on the forestry sell-off plan. Praise the Lord (or the trees, if you are a Pagan like me). i don't know what is going on in the UK, but it seems to have a weird gameplan. Chugging along, not really knowing what it is doing.

Hilary Clinton? I was thinking early about her being torn apart by hooks like in the dreadful Hellraiser movies. I do wish she would shut the fuck up. I think they should airdrop her into one of these protests "she is right behind" and she how she gets on. Hey Lady, US is over. You guys threw away your grip on the world. It's China's turn now, and I don't think they will be taking any prisoners. Strange, I used to like her. Now I think she is a power-deranged bitch. US is over and it is boring. Of course, I am not refering to some of the wonderful folks and music that comes from there, but to the power hungry wankers as Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld who have probably sealed the fate of Man.

Middle East? I don't know what will happen next? Will another cunt assume the role of leader or Pres? I don't think people will buy this junk anymore. It's been played too many times. Maybe states will just fall into a permenent state of civil war and anarchy, as one people cannot accpet the other. Authority has never looked worse than it does right now; providing nothing and reinforcing it with violence. Like I said, maybe technology will show us the way ahead, but I don't think Man is cool enough to accept a smaller portion for the good of all. And this isn't even taking into consideration the environmental catastrophe going on as we speak.

Movies. Two essential movies to view are; Let Me In and The Fighter.

Games. The gaming world is really picking up right now. I successfully completed Dead Space 2, which has to be the most incredible game ever. I have now back-tracked to pick up a RPG Drakensang The Dark Eye. Predecessor to The River of Time. It's absorbing and excellent, building up characters and fighting wolves and goblins. I opted for a Battlemage, as opposed to the Barbarian I played in the previous game. Brute force is fun, but the allure of bursts of fire and thunderbolts, as well as Perbambaum's Withered Arm is just too damn tempting.

Music. A lot of Neil Young right now. Also, a chap called Hugh Dillon has catch my attention. A good album.

Gym. Exercising four times a week, lifting ever increasingly heavier weights and a huge swimming megathon has me feeling like a God most of the time. It's great and kind of addicted. Though I am dreading the day when I suddenly stop for no reason.

Grace and Oi. Both cool and very cute. Enjoying family life at home. The garden is super cool and a perfect place to hang out and chill. Guinnes and Famous Grouse whisky enjoyed in the balmy evening sundown.

Enjoy

No comments: