music

Monday, August 15, 2011

On The Mend

Just to let folks know, that Grace is much better now. She isn't completely well and may be off school for a few more days, but the miserable days have ended and she is back to being naughty and cheeky and funny.

Things have calmed down for me too as I am getting used to working 3 jobs. I enjoy all of them but they do take preparation. I try not to rush through lessons and spread them out a bit to soak up some time. The nun at work keeps smiling at me so something must be going right.

I haven't seen much of anyone lately, and often when I do someone has a problem with someone or such and such, so I am fairly happy being left to my own devices. There is enough to keep me busy in my own life. I remember dad never had mates over. I wonder if that is something to do with age.

I have even converted over to cans of Leo beer. They are smaller and more handy. Two cans refreshes me quite well after a hard days graft and doesn't get me drunk.

I am still ploughing through Book 2 of Game of Thrones. Gruesome news in the latter pages of this tome for those embarkig on the quest.

Much of last weekend was spent playing Oblivion  The Elder Scrolls. It is huge and countless ways to get absorbed in alchemy or exploring. Highly recommended if you have acres of time. The sequel Skyrim is out in November. Utube it to be blown away.

Cash has started to re-enter our lives, though I have to go and pay off the boss after last months hospital injunction. The new jobs will give us enough to live a little more comfortably. Snickers bars and Pepperidge Farm cookies are back on the snack menu.

No comments: