music

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Peace at Last

Don has gone home after a little longer than expected visit. It was fun, but we are relishing the house to ourselves again. Strange he didn't want to stay in Tom's free apartment in town, but I guess it was more comfortable at our place.

So now my holiday begins. Nothing on the agenda except relaxing at home, drinking juice, listening to music and tending my village.

Grace is back at nursery after 4 days off. It's fun, but a full time job keeping a little one amused. She is super sweet right now and her personality and astuteness reaching dangerous proportions. I noticed I have only said some words to her once and they've become part of her vocabulary. Spooky.

We bought a mini-swimming pool which is great and an excellent diversion for Gracie's attention. That can add to the things to wear her out, like riding her bike and visiting the old man across the road, or a visit to the shop to by some Ovaltine.

Game of Thrones is boring in season 2. The sets are smalls and scenes for of endless dialogue. It has left me colder that a Winter beyond the Wall.

I'm back listening to the radio (Radio 4 anyway) late at night. I can receive it on my Samsung Galaxy Mini (I believe its called) and the speaker is quite small, thus I can position the device on my pillow near my ear and listen to something quite inaudible elsewhere in the room.

Kate Bush's Ariel is quite brilliant. And her bush isn't bad either. Or wasn't some time ago.

Beyond the garden wall? A mad world, full of mad people doing mad things and not worth bothering about really. If you want to live peaceably.

No comments: