music

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

87.9kg

I'm back on it, feeling lighter and a bit better, though I had four small cans of Guinness yesterday afternoon and felt a bit seedy at night, but I am glad I am down from 89kg.

We bought a motorbike for Oi yesterday. A secondhand one at 42,000baht. She starts her new job next week, so she needs it.

She's only working 2 days a week and it pays 6,000 baht a month. It's partly for her sanity too. She can meet folks, have something to do and not be sitting at home. She's really looking forward to it.

I start next Thursday at the main school and privates kick off again. I could actually not work at all. It would suit me fine, but I guess I have to keep the beans rolling in.

After Patrick exclaimed about Kate Bush's Cloudbusting video, "Oh, the one with Donald Sutherland!" my ears pricked up and watch it. Yes, by golly, it's him. My hero! I started researching the song which lead me to Wilhem Reich, inventor of the cloudbuster, incarcerated by the US government and died in prison. His son, Peter wrote a book about his memories as a child, "A Book of Dreams". I found it on the net and have started reading it. How Kate Bush came across this as a girl, then wrote an awesome song with Donald Sutherland in the video (which he did for free) is beyond me. It just goes to show the depth of this fine woman.

I did further reading on cloudbusting, and of course any Tom, Dick or Harry can do it and it appears it is actually a pretty dumb thing to be messing about with.

more later....

No comments: