music

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Being A Vegan

Back on track now, and I must say, that in addition to juicing the step towards being vegan is something to behold.

Days of only eating vegetables and not touching meat or dairy brings a wonderful sense of lightness. Knowing that no animal fat is entering your body and that what there is inside you, is slowly being expelled is marvelous.

Right now my juicing refinement process is getting the cost down; finding the key ingredients and buying them as cheaply as possible. Kale is very cheap here, though Oi warns me that it is the vegetable that is most treated with pesticides. We must be careful. Apples and celery are both quite costly. Carrots and cumcumbers are both very cheap.

The vegan thing, being rather smug, is does set you apart from the crowd. I often complain at my private class of the scores of kids wandering past the window with cokes and fatty snacks piling onto buses to take them home. Living without the heaviness is what I enjoy the most, especially when I have to get up all the time to go and play with Grace. Yes, getting up, this is the real benefit and worth more than any bank balance could provide.
And as one has stated, one becomes distinctly aware of anything bad passing ones lips.

It's a huge quest, but if you fall at any time, you can always get back on it, like I did with my little relapse last weekend.

Yes, being vegan puts you at a distinct advantage over the rest of the ailing human race. Everyone should do it, then none of these animals would have to be slaughtered, and who knows, it might be a part of the whole general way forward that Man is so desperately trying to find right now, as he continues his extraction and burning of Nature's resources.

No comments: