music

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back to Normal

Grace is back at nursery and things have returned to normal. It is exhausting when she is at home all the time. It's non stop from 6 am until 10 at night. Now she's back at school I get a few wee hours in the middle of the day to chill out. This being that first day. I got a new high score in the pinball game I play, and bought Manic Miner for the iPad, after reading Mike Brunton's comment about it. It was only 69p. He made it to Eugine's Lair. So far I got to level 3. These old games are a bitch as there is no save or anything so nice. In the old days we played them for months at a time. Today, five minutes and the frustration becomes unbearable. Still, it's nice to see it again, and it looks very accurate.

I have been easing myself of  the booze as it was becoming a habit. We made some mean green juice too, as I found myself slipping into a shit storm of a mood. Somehow, managed to pull myself out of it, canned the booze and happiness and woke up feeling much better. These days I can judge just by my manner at school. If I am a shit, then I am doing something wrong and not looking after myself correctly. Still, sometimes things get too much though and I need to sort it out. A burn on the bike always helps.

Watched Promethius which I thought was great.

Mum due to arrive soon and it will be great for Gracie to be with grandma Jane again.  I insisted on taking the whole time off work to spend with mum and we will do some fun things.

Next year Grace will go to the school I teach in. All the teachers there are waiting for her to start. It should be fun, and just as well cos she doesn't like her current school, either that or she just loves being at home playing zombies on the iPad. I worry about her future a little here. We are going up to Bangkok at Christmas to get the marriage cert we never got. Would you believe you have to go to the capital to get it? More cash to squeeze out of the peasants.

Rainy season now and big rains and foolish weather bring relief, though most folks here have nasal allergies, but hardly surprising when you see the air quality. Enough complaining already. Time to poo out a word search to give to the kids.

Private classes is proving a struggle too as I strain my brain for ideas on what to teach and keep the kids entertained. Something I have to do in a moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An excellent read.