music

Saturday, September 22, 2012

End of Term

It's nearly the October break!

Yesterday was the usual English camp at a school out in the sticks. It was a fun day and all the farang teachers were in good spirits. There are a lot of girls working at Smart English now which makes a nice change. Everyone seemed keen to catch up and have a good time.

Tom is heading back to the States on Monday for some concerts, great food and ale.

I told Tom the other night that I had stopped listening to music. Such was his look of horro that I immediately set sail on a course to reverse this. And what treasures did I find. Chuck Prophet and Tanita Tikaram both have new albums and I DL's a bunch of others; Lou Reed, Jayhawks, Calexico, Wilco to name a few. I will continue trawling and almost certainly uncover more gems.

I have also started watching TV and movies again which has proved fruitful. Mainly French movies as they always seem so much more interesting than regulars flicks.

Mum is due to arrive in a week, so we have set about the garden fgetting it spick and span for the big day. I keep telling Grace she's going to get the Ben and Holly Littel Castle when Grandma Jane arrives.

We plan to head up to Chum POn and stay at the farm with Oi's family. It should be fantastic as long as mum can handle the farm.

Ipad rules the house and I am normally too exhausted to play anything by the time I am allowed to use it at 9 o'clock. The best games though that I have bought and downloaded are some very intreging board games. Catan is wonderful and I got hold of Carcassonne too. You can play online over the Net. There are various others all with extraordinary titles like, Tigres and Euphraties, Le Havre. They get rave reviews so I am hoping I will like them. Catan is excellent. For a long time I couldn't figure out what to do, then when the penny dropped it is now a joy to play. As usual no one has a clue what I am talking about when I get on this subject.

Oi bought some lemon trees for the garden. I am very fond of lemons.

We are hoping to do some serious juicing in the holidays and I intend on doing a 3 day juice fast very soon, living on nothing more than juices. It will be Mean Green and my lovely carrot, apple and parsley concoction. It's super yummy when chilled, or chill the veg before you juice them.

Madam has arrived to destroy my thoughts...

No comments: