music

Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday

Rest. Thanks. Tired again and ready to drop, though my mood is fairly okay. Like I said, I have been taking it quite easy of late, after a lengthy binging session of getting wasted every night. I still get wasted, but now leave days between of healing. I am normally in bed by ten thirty, so I don't do no one no harm.

Tom came over this week, and will join me again tonight. He's had a hard time with company lately, I will explain in the fullness of time, and I think we really took refuge in each others company as we focus on having fun when we are together and not be heavy and shit. Tom is such a wonderful, easy Californian guy. It is a miracle that he is here. Such a lovely chap.

Plans to move to Chum Pon are on again as job offerers have arrived from that way for Oi and myself. This time Oi is driving it and seems quite determined as there is the promise of a job in a government school, which is a great opportunity for a Thai, pension, all that shit.

Me, I am so caught between to enormous pillows. The easy Sabai life that is Thailand, and the fear of procrastination. I have read a couple of articles recently, one by Fry no less, discussing the perils of doing nothing, but I do stand against this by rule of thumb. Filling up ones life is fine, but there is also something to be said for not doing anything, or living a simple life. We are all old enough now to realize that the passing of time does have some effect on the human psyche and that growing older puts you through stages in your life. How we survive those stages is critical, and it's worth giving time to plan your way through and not caught in some shit storm or suffer a terrible addiction. Just contemplation of the word "addiction" is enough for me to prevent me from near any addiction I hope. Use your minds eye and don't ever let any demons into your mind arriving in some toxic habit you've picked up.

I'm back onto movies and am panning though a classic thread. Picked up some early  Ken Russell and some hot 60's chick called Marisa Mell, who had a sad ending unfortunately. It's a truly incredible thread with wonderful lost gems. That one, The Maracossa document or whatever it was called was so crazy. I must watch it again. The one with the French solders arriving in a house, going in, meeting an old man who reads them a story about some French soldiers arriving at a house and meeting an old man. It really is utterly strange.

Retro iPad gaming. My new daily fix of pinball.

Rainy season here now. Time to stay inside and star at the rain through the open screen door.





No comments: