music

Monday, December 31, 2012

2013

It's been a lovely and peaceful break over Christmas and the new year.

I have had time to relax and pursue a few points of interest.

I made some TV time and watched some Survivor shows. The movies, Lawless, Dredd, Cloud Atlas and The Words were all excellent. I have since downloaded the book of Cloud Atlas and began reading.

On the gaming side I have been enjoying Far Cry 3 on the PC, and on the ipad I have acquired these ancient classics, The Lords of Midnight and Zork (text adventure). The ipad is a fantastic medium for retro gaming. I am looking forward to some peaceful times revisiting text adventures. They were wonderful at the time when I was about 13 or 14, and my grate friend, Peter and I built our fantasy world around these things. If he hadn't of been there, it would not have had any of the charm. I'm very grateful for the company of my companion to share and marvel at these wonders. It was a fantastic boyhood. A shame I didn't really develop much beyond that.

Grandma Noi has been with us over the break which has been brilliant for Grace and Oi, and it allows me to sneak off into the gaming room.

Don was hoping to stay but, with a family, it ain't that practical for us and difficult for me to balance the two. He has since opted to stay at Lee's house.

Back to school tomorrow and some preparation is necessary.

We got two more months before we are due to relocate. SHould be quite an adventure!

Happy New Year all,

3 comments:

Lone Ryder said...

Happy New Year bro.

Anonymous said...

Are you hybernating?
Here is a great music docu for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuWGrAGKt-c

Anonymous said...

Happy splendid advertisment! I must say i appreciated examining the item, tonsil stones you're an ideal source.Most definitely i'll make the time to book mark your blog site Satellite direct review and definitely will regularly returning down the road. I want to support anyone keep on your personal fantastic posts, use a very good christmas penis advantage saturday and sunday!