music

Friday, December 14, 2012

Hello, little squirrels. Come into my shelter, away from the rain under the roots of a great old oak tree. Huddle 'round, as I read you an old, old story....

This week I have been revelling in the arrival of Christmas. I have been singing Silver Bells everywhere I go, as it stands as my very favourite Christmas song. I was telling Tom the other night over a dark glass of Malaysian Guinness, " I adore the line,"The corner Santa Claus, Is busy now because, It's Christmas Time in the city." I was remarking at how strange it is to have a corner Santa Claus." Do Santa's hang around on street corners hassling people?

I have also been winding Grace up something rotten about Christmas. I wrote a letter to Santa for her, built her an advent calander (which she has since opened all the windows for!), telephoned Santa not to bring her any presents, cut and glued a cotten ball Santa'a beard et all. It's been fun.

I had a healthy investment in building up the decoration stock pile. I bought two sets of lights, four sets of hanging decorations to liven up the ceiling and a bunch of expensive glittery things to hang about the place. It does look pretty good now.

I have been watching some Paul Kelly videos on utube.

Tom and Patrick came over the other night for some fun.

The Hobbit was awful. I was so excited I ate a chunk of "coffee" beforehand and set off to the cinema. It was freezing in there. Initially, I loved it, but things began to turn very sour. I was so cold, the constant CGI battles so loud and invasive that I had to flee (quite near the end I think). I felt like I was going to faint or die in there. The acting was shammy, and it slowly turned into a CGI mud fest which was utter garbage. I can watch that on my PC at home. Gandalf became a series of ludicrous pixels, jumping over vast bridges and bottomless chasms. Oh dear! Peter Jackson died in my arms that night.

I won't be going to the next one. If you like Van Helsing movie and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, then you will love it.

My manager, Pee Dtoi and 2 others have been in a serious car crash and are all in hospital. They are okay but will take a few months I fear.

Making  Christmas trees with the kids at school and snacking on blue cheese, olives, dried ham, gherkins, salt and vinegar Kettle crisps, fried mushrooms, wine and Guinness at home and having a wonderful time amid disaster.

Merry Christmas. (it's not too early to say that, is it?)

btw looking forward to series 3 of Elven Quest, Peter. Series 2 must have a re-listen as I have been too drunk/stoned/tired to properly appreciate it.

THE SWORD OF ASTAGAR!!!!!!

No comments: