music

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Homecoming and Pregnancy

Oh, I do love knocking off at 11.30 on a Wednesday. Lately, I have got into the filthy habit of buying some Guinness on the way home, or today, a bottle of wine. Such indulgence. But when the world is busy destroying itself, why the fuck not, eh?

Anyway, back at school this week and the kids are as lovely as ever. Private classes also going very well.

I haven't stated on here yet (I don't think) but Oi is pregnant with my child. Ok, our child. She has been fairly sick which is a shame but she is fighting through it. Gee has been great in helping her.

I am guessing there is no way to know how it feels until it appears, so there.

Before then I am obliged to return home to see the execution of my brother. We have to thank Nick for all these great phrases. So, some of you will be equally cursed and blessed by my company if you wish. I anticipate being in Blighty for a spell and then Spain (this I am looking forward too). Yes, I am hoping for some fine wine and cheese and ham and a chat with Raffa if he remembers me. Obviously, I will have to leave Oi behind which is a bind but it would appear I am under strict orders from the family, and upon reflection, even if I die in the plane, I know that I should attend the beheading.

Luckily, married life for me has been very easy. I forced my brain to calculate that a good person as a wife outweighed everything else. My sister, Tish, once told me, "Marry a friend, not a lover." I never forgot those words. And with Oi, she is a very happy, easy going and lovely person. We are yet to have a single disagreement. I suppose this is a good thing, though is could be deemed as having "no fire".

Anyway, it ain't long to the end of term really. My trip back will have to be quite short so as not to leave Oi for too long. So, if you want to see me, plan it, as I certainly won't be in UK for long. William, take note, my missing you last time was stupid, and I saw a bunch of people and spend a long time kicking around on my tod as everyone was working.

Music? I have been listening to the latest Verve album, Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers and am currently DLing a huge Chess Records 15 CD package which should be awesome. As usual, Old Man Don blew me away with his incredible i-pood collection of jazz and blues and put me to shame. Paolo Costa? Know him?

Movies? Vicki Christina Barcelona Woody Allen at top form! I was studying Oi during the lesbian scenes. She thought they were crazy, but she did like Secretary a lot, with heart throb James Spader.

Ploughing through the 3rd Lankhmar book, "Swords in the Mist" and the great fable of barbarian Faf'hrd and cut purse Gray Mouser parting company and Faf'hrd donning goatskin loincloth and assuming the role of disciple of Issek of the Jug on the Street of the Gods. I don't push anything these days (Don says offer information, not advice) but if you are a mite crazy (like me and Peter) you may enjoy. For me, they are works of great literature. And I recently informed Peter of an undiscovered sixth part to the series; The Knights and Knaves of Lankhmar. He confirm he knew of it not, I too am tres excited about this undiscovered gem.

On the list to take to the printers is Moby Dick, Kim, Barchester Towers, Paradise Lost to name a few. Oh the coinage I save as a pirate in the land of pirates.

Gaza? Awful. But what do you expect from the Western War Machine?

The Dangerous J.

No comments: