music

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jim's Gym

Just got back from the gym on a baking Wednesday afternoon. Unfortunately, I couldn't do the grueling workout I was aiming to do, as my chest and armpits are still killing me from Mondays enthusiastic launch back to the gym. However, I have always been good on the bike and have quite good leg muscles so did a 45 minute slog on L12. It's good to be back doing it and is an effort to reverse the forces of gravity and old age, so as not to be a sad ass 40 something. Also, Don and Patrick are both regular gymmers, so there is no excuse for me not to drag myself off the sofa and fuck myself up big time.

Pregnancy still dominates the mood of the day and Oi has retreated to some woman place where men are greeted cordially at the door and can come no further. Don said he just jerked off in bed next to his bint when this happened. I haven't quite resorted to that, and I can raise her jealousy levels by rushing off into the next room to play with my Goo-balls.

Line of the moment has to be, "I have to look after my baby."

I suddenly remembered the Stereo MCs and have still downloaded a whole bunch of their stuff. Fuck, it still sounds fucking great.

Movie has to be Frost/Nixon. How awesome and new respect, for the much respected David Frost, though according to Wiki, a ton of folk hated him including Peter Cook and the Monty Python team. Yet, I somehow think Pete Cook probably hated a lot of people.

Private class last night I treated "The Little Madams' (a bunch of spoiled 7 year olds, some nice, some Uber-bitches in the making) to a cookery class. Yes, Mum's famous Tuna sarnies. You know the ones; onion, sweetcorn, mayo, salt and pepper on toasted whole wheat (or the floppy sponge that passes for wholewheat in this bread barren land).

They loved it.

Tomorrow, for the nervous spotty teenagers, I shall increase production at their already brimming zit farms with some of Yan Tessier's famous Toasted Cheese sarnies, covered in tomato ketchup and heavily spiced with a thick coating of freshly ground pepper. I'll be interested to see how those ones go down. I remember affectionately for me, it was love at first bite. Though so rich and fat ladenly delicious, rarely sampled in this Post-Modern age of waistlines and baby talk. How utterly crap.

Ta Awfully,

The Dangerous J.

No comments: