music

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Gymtastic

Well, It's Saturday and last night I got up and played 3 songs during the break at the Co-Art bar. I played Perfect Day, No You and Stories of Me. Fortunately for the world, there weren't too many people there, but they clapped and Patrick and Danny were my drinking buddies.

Oi has gone on a college field trip, back later tonight.

This morning I got up for my 7 o'clock guitar lesson and then went down the gym. Third time since my new regime started and so far going well. Actually, I have to keep telling myself to slow down and stop rushing everything. I have acres of time to do everything, so I have to make myself go slow. Anything from going down the stairs to lifting the weights (this is very important). The I went into town and bought some food to make my famous salami salad sandwich, of which I ate three today.

I had 3 cans of Guinness left over from last night. I drank two this afternoon and fell asleep on the sofa while watching an Alan Rickman movie, Bottle Shock - about wine. Later, I just had to go and buy a bottle.

Old Man Don is coming over to help me drink it.

I'm also trying to do some album research, as I have a huge back-catalogue of albums and I really need to listen to them. I have started with Radiohead's OK Computer, which I have never got around to hearing. Tom told me it was awesome and needed to be listened to in its entirety.

Actually, for some reason I am having a bit of an Indie resurgence right now. It must have been the new Verve album.

For some great art, check out Banksy's site;

http://www.banksy.co.uk/outdoors/horizontal_1.htm

I am feeling great after having been to the gym this week. I just hope I can keep it up. It ain't a real effort, just the grueling 45 minute bike ride, but that is the key to the whole thing.

Enough for now...

1 comment:

Robert said...

The texture of the carpet fabric decorating the house of the evil Sid in Toy Story (1995) was the same as that in the Overlook Hotel.]