music

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sunday Morning

Third time I have written this latest post and keep abandoning it as it is shite.

Anyway, a bit of an Echobelly revival right now having discovered a ton of their vids on Utube. Also, still really like that new Verve album and the Chess Story compilation is awesome.

I thought I might try to get in shape before I come home so as not to be completely fat. Whether I do or not, remains to be seen.

Oi is bearing up under the pain of pregnancy. She feels fairly uncomfortable, with dizzy spells and she's pissed that most food now tastes horrible. The only thing she will eat is rice soup, and only from a particular shop near her old house. So I am obliged to trek across town to get it. That's fine as it is always exciting on the streets of Hat Yai, especially at dinner time when everyone is about.

I bought a new hammock in Koh Phang Ngan which is tres comfortable and I have hooked it up on the front balcony, so I can watch the bods wizz by on their motorcycles and read Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser.

I saw an excellent film yesterday. French, tranlates as Murmurs of the Heart (1971). Funny as fuck and quite racy. I didn't know it was a comedy and kept expecting something awful to happen to the 15 year old boy that the story is based around. You must see it, and the final scene is priceless.

Classes have been going really well and my style of teaching becomes freer and freer and lax. Somehow it works and I keep the kids on their toes with tons of reading for the little ones and tons of talking for the big 'uns.

Had a good night out with the boys the other day and didn't get to bed until 4.

Have to buy my ticket soon, and it ain't long until the end of term, so I will have some free time.

The Dangerous J.

No comments: