music

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rollin' On.

The term is slipping by and Oi has been very good at taking care of herself and preparing for motherhood. I must get another photo as she is fairly ginormous right now.

I am attempting to keep as busy as possible to fight the boredom that comes with everyday life. So I have been trying to keep active on creative lesson plans and projects, and it does pay off. The kids get a good English lesson and enjoy it pretty much.

It's funny now as life is sort of complete. I look at Oi and know that I could not have a sweeter, kinder person for a wife. She is just so very lovely and content that the thought of being cast adrift in the single, drunken life to which I am so vunerable is a frightening thought. As we patiently wait for our baby to arrive I find this strange stability and cosy family thing quite hard to accept and take hold off. Random destructive thoughts to which we are all prone have to be put aside as I become depended upon as a provider. Weird, but it is rightful that I should have a purpose, and thank the karma and guiding spirits that somehow brought me to this shore.

We share such a cosy little set-up as we sit a couple of meters apart on our respective coms. Oi is hooked on the Plants Vs. Zombies game and I am battling through Sid Meier's Pirates and Call of Duty World at War which is incredible. Even my teenage students were stunned at the mind-blowing graphics and gameplay. Pirates is a total hoot and I am desperately trying to win the hand of the beautiful French Governor's daughter in the sea port of Tortura. She has insisted on my finding the fabled aztec treasure before accepting my hand in marriage. Bitch! I have been roving over hill and dale using triganometry off reference points of dead trees and geysers. The game was a great find on some distant website and is a game Kyle told me about eons ago which evaded my searching for ages.

All the guys are fine. I hooked up with Danny last night and we had a good old chat a a few beers. He likes the PC games too and we had a crack on Call of Duty, torching Japanese soldiers with the trusty flame thrower and shouting out insults as they burned. We are hoping to get a couple of bods to do some online gaming within Hat Yai if we can figure out which game to play and what to do.

We went looking for new houses again yesterday but didn't have much luck. Estate Agents don't exist here so it is all done by foot work and asking friends. The other problem we have encountered is the total shittiness of the landlords to do anything to make the house nice. One we went to had condoms all over the overgrown back garden and a birds nest in the toilet. The bitch said it had already been cleaned and was ready to be occupied. I just walked off. Of course, she was Chinese and extremely rich (sorry Mary, you are the sweetest).

We have had new mosquito nets put into the current house which I hope will be effective, though I have may doubts as there is a sewer outside the back door. Still, we can hope.

Ipod fun is still going strong and I DL's all the Men at Work albums so have been reminicing. Also, I DL'd a bunch of 3rd Rock from the Sun shows which is an absolute scream. I just love John Lithgow. Fortunately, it is quite visual so Oi can enjoy is somewhat even though they barble at a thousand words per second. Also acquired is the classic WW2 movie, Cross of Iron - Sam Peckampah with James Coburn, Mason and Donald Sutherland if memory serves.

Pretty hot here right now and waiting for the rain to come.

No comments: