music

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sunday

Sunday morning again and determined to tap the day for ample relaxation and good times. I have to write a small test for the kiddies but that shouldn't take too long.

I hooked up with old ship mates Tom and Don yesterday for some steak and then sat out on the rear balcony listening to tunes and talking with Tom. Don came over at night and we watched the original of The Taking of Pelham 123 with Walter Matthaeu and Robert Shaw. Though I could barely remain focused, the others enjoyed it. I have stopped watching movies lately at I find I just can't sit through them. I think our attention spans are being ever diminished by fast paced media.Don liked my theory which I think I picked up on the radio about USA having so many junk food outlets because someone did the maths and worked out it was cheaper to have a fat unhealthy die young of a heart attack society than live for a long time get old and cost the system money society. It's true. It's all been worked out.

I have high hopes of going to the pool today (preferably stoned) and chilling out. Then there is breakfast at the Swan with Tom. I find myself returning here upon occasion as all of the unsavoury types that used to frequent this place have either died or moved on. Apparently it still draws a crowd when the football is on.

I am still on my first game of Empire Total War and have decided to pick on Morocco as invading Central Europe was a bit daunting. Kyle and I have been exchanging notes on this game and hope to hook up on line sometime. Actually, Rob and Pete, this would be a great game to play together especially since the Campaign map part is turn-based. Attention to detail is superb and the game has a richness about it with its sweeping landscapes and Sargent-Major's shout of "Sir!" when you send the pretty lines of red soldiers to their doom.

Oi is as peaceful as ever and due in about 2 weeks apparently. It's a strange feeling. I guess JimmyV really knows what it feels like.

No comments: