music

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

the concrete wall of school

It is near the end of the holiday and I am feeling the slow surge of the approaching term like creeping lava down a mountain towards a small town. I just want to slope around the house in the laziest fashion I know, just to drain the last traces of good times before the concrete wall of school. I shall still only teach mornings and I won't do any private classes for the duration. I am looking forward to coming home and relaxing every day.

These holidays have been rewarding. I have travelled some great journeys of the mind and have arrived back safely from various dreams and realisms. The hammock and the slow, swinging bamboo stick kept me rocking gently back and forth. I can lie back, like Christopher Robin, and gaze up at the great tropical leaves above.

We went out with Phit today to make a few preparations and to talk about the new term. Grace enjoyed the break from the monotony of home. She does love to be among other people. I guess I could learn a thing or two from her.

No comments: