music

Friday, May 7, 2010

Hurts So Good

So there I was, lying back in the hammock under the speckled shade of the trees above, thinking of times past. I recalled one great episode which involved John Cougar's American Fool album. Tony and I would often rock out in the living room of mum's house to Hurts So Good and, my particular favourite, of course, Danger List. Somehow we introduced these songs to Ian and Kevin Wooster, the other half of the band, The Truth. Ian and Kev are quite awesome people in their own right, and young Kev is indeed still a chum. Yet, these boys were raised on a strict, very English diet of The Who and Led Zepplin. Anyway, what I recall is the look of disgust on Kev's face on the awfulness of the song. I seem to remember Kev shouting out rude remarks about John Cougar during the time we played it. 

I have never been quite sure if Hurts So Good is one of the worst songs out there, or one of the worst songs out there.

No comments: