music

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Malaya

Well, I have received the return dates for school. A teaching seminar for a morning on the 13th May and the start of the new term on the 17th May. I was secretly quite pleased with this, and I have been trying to get ever so slightly fit before it all kicks off.

Right now, I have my walk in the rubber plantation, my dumb-bells exercises (The York system) and this YRG yoga video I have. I try to do it every couple of days, and I have had some success, though never achieved anything like true fitness.

It's been a decent holiday. I didn't go anywhere, but I had a relaxing time at home and I have had some invaluable time spent with young Gracie. That has been very important especially as it has been her personality that has developed most recently; collective memory, stuff like like that.

My overall attitude about stuff is fairly unhealthy right now. I look at the world and don't like much of what I see. It is of interest that the US has had another environmental disaster occur on their doorstep. Maybe it will encourage them to be more careful and more limited  in their exploitation. It is of interest to see fighting on the streets of Athens and it may spread to Portugal if things continue. The child killings at schools in China is also of interest. I am sure John Zerzan will be on to that. Apparently, illegal Chinese blogs are rampant with explanations. One blogger assumes that it is the most effective way the poor can attack the rich; by going into their schools and killing their children. Let's see how the ruling Chinese families, let's not call them leaders, let's call them families, deal with this one. Just as long as they don't have to give in to the revolting peasants.

UK politics is as much as a joke as Thai politics these days. It's all falling apart nicely.

And I see the development of the third largest dam in the world down in Brazil has the green light. And that is just the first. There are 7-9 more being planned.

Great movie (yet to finish watching);

No comments: