music

Sunday, January 9, 2011

In Our Time - Anarchy

Among the many programs in this series, just today I listened to Bismark, Madam Bovery, Bohemenism and then Anarchy. Finally, I found some historical verification in the way I see things. None of this violent, chaotic crap that I get attacked with from people who find my view so obscene. The discussion cast light on many of my own beliefs from those that have gone before. The most interesting part was from a Russian anarchist who opposed Marx and found fault in the Communist idealism. Anarchists tending more towards the rule of Nature as opposed to the Law of Man and Society. A belief that a man could be responsible for his own beliefs and morals without the need of a central government, or indeed religion. The participants agreed that anarchism has led to many freedoms not previously tolerated. Indeed, anarchism was very popular from the middle of the 1800's to the present day and appears to have led to some fundemental changes in human rights during the duration.

As with all of these programs, they require multiple listens to gain some understanding and hope of retaining some facts.

I am yet to see one on Paganism, which is surprising.

Sadly, I read that Melvin Bragg is the singlemost sole private donor to the Labour Party and a close friend of Tony Blair.

I find this hard to believe.

No comments: