music

Friday, July 22, 2011

Percy

A rainy Friday afternoon and I am waiting with some joy for old time friend from P&G, Percy Kirkman to arrive. He is staying just until Sunday and it has been about 12 years since I have seen him. He lives in Switzerland these days I think and is married with two young boys. A far cry from when we drank gin and tonic and I force fed him Woody Allen movies in my little house in Portsmouth. It should be great.

This week has seen me putting things back in place after last weeks harrowing events. I did a teaching demo at a small language school last night which went well. The pay sucks, but it is close by and very easy for me. I also have some work coming up with Philip Hiver's mum (thanks Phil), so I am going to be a busy boy and earning some extra much needed dosh.

Grace's 2nd birthday next month and we want to buy her a doll's house. I was recalling the fun I had with my Star Wars Death Star eons ago. I loved it, and I am sure Grace can ignite her imagination with a doll's house.

I have started her on flashcards, just colours for now, and she is getting good after just a few days. Orange was the first word she can recall, and now brown and black. She does the classic looking at me to prompt her with the answer and whenever she starts getting stupid I stop and put them away. I brought home my animals and food flashcards this weekend to continue the training. Normally, Phit uses them for her private classes, though they are all mine. I made, printed and laminated the lot, hundreds of them in all subjects.

Peppa Pig is played daily and is fantastic for me and Oi too. There is one episode when Dr. Brown Bear is describing his own medicine as, "It tastes like jammy yogurt flavoured custard socks." It cracked me up.

I haven't had a drink all week. My mood improves immediately I take a break from the booze. Time is telling me to jack it in permently, and perhaps one day I will. Oi, being Thai and very zen like reminds me of my change in character and about my health.


Percy has just called from Bangkok airport and will be on his way here presently.

No comments: