music

Thursday, July 28, 2011

War Picture Library



Ok... Danny, the morose Aussie, came over the other night as I followed up his request for a meet. He, like me, appreciates WWII movies, so prior to his arrival, and to avoid serious drink, something he and I both want to do, I found and downloaded a movie, courtesy of Bolt.org. There is a WWII movie thread and I stumbled across, "Stalag 17", a title I am familiar with but have never viewed. It was fun and a brilliant performance by William Holden. Both Danny and myself thoroughly enjoyed it. We talked of further WWII movie evenings.
Just sat through, "Your Highness" which was fun and I recommend with a couple of beers. Very stupid but does bring a chuckle.

I am ploughing through, "A Clash of Kings", book 2 of Game of Thrones and for some reason I clocked onto some lost comics, hoping to read again, namely, Groo the Wanderer and ElfQuest. I have found both and am attempting to install them on my ereader. Okay, I will lose the colour, but I can relax in a chair or on a sofa and enjoy, as opposed to sitting in front of a PC, an attempt which previously failed as I have never completed either series, much as I love them.
Thoughts of comics and conversations with Danny, reminded me of War Picture Library and Sundays spent at the Collett's house reading great WWII adventures whilst taking a crap in their toilet. Boy, those stories were great. I have found a torrent of some dating back to 1975 and am currently acquiring.

I have yet to locate software which will allow perfect viewing on the ereader, but I hope to have sussed this over this coming weekend.

I have done a few private classes now and have more lined up for next week. Fuck, it was so easy tonight. The kids were very weak and shy, it was 5 minutes from my house and I waltzed through an hour and a half of games and talk and came home with 450 Baht, which I gave straight to wifey (which keeps her happy). It was a breeze and she asked me back tomorrow. These extra credits will make the difference between having some cash to have fun with and going hungry at the end of the month. Easy money, and yes I am grateful.

No comments: