music

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sports Day

It's Sports Day tomorrow at the school, so I get a day off. That's cool.

This week I have been reading Game of Thrones. I have just over a hundred pages to go. The TV series follows the book very closely, so I know what is going to happen, but it is still awesome, and there are three other books after this one. It's great and so compelling.

I also downloaded Hitman Blood Money, a game that had escaped me years ago. What fun. OPen ended levels. You have to take someone out in a variety of settling, by any means possible. There is a South American villa, an opera house, a suburban estate, a Hollywood rehab clinic and a carnival so far. One can get into some awful scraps taking out cleaners and changing disguises. Normally, all hell breaks loose and a lot of people get blown away, but one does try to be a bit clever about it and do it the cunning way.

I met up with Tom on Tuesday and we managed to remain fairly sober. Alas, Jim Clark, of "Jim and Linda" fame has passed away. Only 55. He and Linda had split up a while back and he had relocated to Hua Hin. We had also fallen out when my boss won a contract at a school which they were working in. They sent me nasty emails and blamed me for it all. Thus I had cut contacts with them and haven't seen them in ages. Still, it is sad and he was a very funny guy.

I am currently looking for extra work as cash is short. I have been in a few language centres in town and will continue the hunt until it bears fruit. Hopefully then, we will have a bit more cash. Oi also may start working for Smart English next year when a place is available for her.

In class, I have introduced tons of new songs from the Internet which are great and go down a storm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Jim. He was great fun.

The way to earn heaps of money and enjoy yourself at the same time is giving group classes to companies. The way to get them, door knocking the industrial estates.