music

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Santa's Coming to Town

OI and Grace are back from a week in Chum Pon.

It was okay being on  my own. It was great and strange to be alone, though as the week wore on I had a slow realisation that if I lived alone again for very long I would probably not live very long. I found it hard to motivate myself to do anything, though later in the week I got back into exercise and started on some great plans.

I have been suffering with back ache for the past six months and I finally got to the docs yesterday. Thankfully, it isn't serious, but tight muscles that need to be relaxed. Sitting in the classroom, or in front of the PC frezzing my body into a motionless state. Now I am trying to loosen up those muscles and give myself some flexibility.

I have been swimming a lot and started the walk near my house again, both of which are great. I am sure any father with appreciate the space to free ones mind and body in vigorious and solo exercise.

Grace is really developing now and is more of a human and less of a baby. She is very communicative and I am glad to say speaks to me in English straight away after her week long stint at the farm.

Witnessing these sparks of fire across the world is interesting and the whole movement is gathering momentum. However, comes with it awful crimes and brutality. It's on a biblical scale. Money and greed are destroying the Earth in every corner. Every year at school the teachers say the kids are getting worse and worse. Thailand is a great place to witness the change in generations. UNtil very recently taught these ancient ways of calm and acceptance, now force fed Angry Birds and violent comics, mocile phones and designer clothing, they are tearing each other apart. Oi said the King was weeping at what his country has become.

Heavy rain still dominates the skyline and Mater sent me some Peter Storm waterproof trousers after my Thai bought ones fell apart upon donning the feeble garnment.

Socially I see Tony fairly frequently and we battle it out in World of Tanks. I see Tom about once or twice a month and that's it. I have bumped into Patrick at the gym. He is amiably enough, but lectures me solely on health and fitness, never straying from this subject. I nod politely and resume swimming.

I think I have evolved now from needing buddies. Family is number one and occupies my time more than enough. As usual it is my body that requires attention and is the hardest part for me to solve. I seem to be naturally stressed and strained. Mighty efforts to relax and loosen my muscles seem to have the reverse effect.

Damn it, I have to jump around in the Santa outfit again this Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Masterful and top reading