music

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Trip to Songkhla




Back from a night in a wonderful hotel in Songkhla. Actually the one I stayed in with Mum and Rob a few years ago. I spied the balcony where I shared a beer with Rob many moons ago and felt a tinge of sadness.

The pool was great and Grace had her first proper swim and was exstatic with joy. We went to the night market and bought some food and came back to the lovely room and ate out on the balcony. I brought a rare can of Amstel beer with me to enjoy. A friend had brought me a crate back from the Malaysian border. This morning we shot  over to the zoo. Only in Thailand can you ride your bike around a zoo, getting off when you see some groovy animal worth checking out. We shot all over the place looking at tigers, bears, parrots, snakes, hippos and turtles.

We nearly then went home but a second detour past Waterworld and Oi gave in to my suggestions of a visit. Grace went mental at the baby water slide and I took her about a long flowing river. Oi rented an inflatable ring for her.

On the way home G fell asleep.

It was only one day but we packed a lot in and had a thoroughly enjoyable time.

Back home now to chill out and continue my quest across Skyrim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There will be more of those beers!